cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you still access blueyonder email online?

angua-
Tuning in

I moved house last year and have only just regained access to My Vigin Media, they had to transfer my email address to ther new account. However my email inbox is not available when I try to see my email online. Do I need to do something else to connect my blueyonder email address to my account so i can access webmail?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Travis_M 

It souds to me as if when the user moved house - a move and transfer was not done properly in order to move the old account profile accross to the new account.

@angua- 

1. Is your email still working in Outlook?
  2. Was the broadband account at your old address set up by you under your name?
  3. Is the broadband account at your new address set up under your name?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

31 REPLIES 31

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @angua-,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing your email. How are you trying to access your email service/account, and what happens exactly when you try?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

I can read my email via Outlook, however last week I needed to access it via webmail. i discovered my MyVirginMedia account hadn't been set up[ properly after a house move last year. Now i am able to login to My Virgin media using my blueyonder address (tech support got it sorted) but the links on the site to email especially that at the top of the page sends me to a page to set up VirginMedia mail, with no option to view the email account I already have.

angua_0-1642195574959.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It does look as if your blueyonder email address has not been properly moved to your current VM broadband account.

What happens if you try to log in via the direct VM webmail link? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

It says my mailbox is not available at the moment. Surely tech support should have done this when they sorted out the fact i couldn't even log into the Vm account earlier this week. Fed up of phonming 150 and the interminable wait.....

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@angua-  I agree with you that things haven't gone as they should.  I'm sure that @Zach_R or one of his colleagues will be able to look into this further for you 

@ModTeam 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

thanks Graham, i've been with VM since it was cableinternet (i was even on the cableinternet - later blueyonder -  help team run by the users back in the day)...never had problems like this until i moved house. I even gave up on trying to find out about upgrades etc as the phone waiting was getting ridiculous...I also tried to set up a new email address as virginmedia.com but it just forgets what i have input and the email address I chose is then unavailable. I'm losing faith in VM.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @angua-  I have also been with VM since the Telewest days but unlike you have not moved house during that time. I started helping support as a volunteer when it was done through the old Usenet platform.

The VM Forum Team can sometimes work miracles but nothing is guaranteed, hang in there until they get back to you.

I did too, I think I remember a Graham when it was the byusers support group - Alex was the webmaster at that time and i know we had Josh from Redditch on the group and a couple from Wolverhampton. I was coaching Josh for his O level maths when 9/11 happened.

Thanks for explaining further @angua-

I'd love to take a closer look into this for you so I'm going to pop you a PM now to confirm some further details.

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs