cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign-in to email. VM sticky advice leads to bad request.

phil_a
Dialled in

I am having trouble accessing email. I followed advice here 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

where the 2nd paragraph says "Once this has been done please also go to this page to perform a password reset using a completely new and unique password".

But clicking the "this page" link gives "Bad Request".

I'm not sure how resetting email password will work, because that normally sends a 'reset link' to my regstered email address, which I can't currently access.

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@phil_a  The sticky post that you refer to is out of date unfortunately as the password reset process has changed since it was published.

To change the password sign into the My Virgin Media account for the email address concerned with the current password and click on Update settings then account details where you should see the password change option.

If you can't access that page try the forgotten password link on the sign in page.  For this to work you will need to have set password recovery questions and answer previously for the account.

Neither route sends an email link to change the password.

The password change should unlock the account but it may take up to hour to unlock.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@phil_a  The sticky post that you refer to is out of date unfortunately as the password reset process has changed since it was published.

To change the password sign into the My Virgin Media account for the email address concerned with the current password and click on Update settings then account details where you should see the password change option.

If you can't access that page try the forgotten password link on the sign in page.  For this to work you will need to have set password recovery questions and answer previously for the account.

Neither route sends an email link to change the password.

The password change should unlock the account but it may take up to hour to unlock.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, I have got back in now.

Hi phil_a thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you were having trouble accessing your email address.  I am also very pleased to hear that you've resolved the issue.  Thanks for getting back to us and confirming it's resolved.  I also thank the fantastic Graham_A for their advice.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R