cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send outgoing emails

ketch01
Tuning in

Hi,
I can't logon to the virgin media SMTP server to send emails. I have checked all settings are they have not changed.
I entered my IP on Spamhaus and it returned that my IP was on the PBL and to check SMTP Authentication is working ok.

As everything looks ok at my end, how to I check SMTP Authentication working correctly on the email server?

14 REPLIES 14

you are absolutely correct. I am indeed trying to send emails from a third party email address via the Virgin media SMTP servers. 
This is the method I have always used.
It is as if the password to connect to my xxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com on smtp.virginmedia.com has become corrupted. How can I get this reset?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ketch01 

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If there is an issue with your virgin media email account then the alternative is to use the SMTP server provided by your third party email supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for adding th elink, Graham_A, I seemed to have forgotten that part. 

Hi ketch01, Have you been able to log in if not then I can send you a private message and reset the webmail from here.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi
No I am still stuck

Thanks for your reply, ketch01, I've sent you a PM. 

Cheers,

Corey C