cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive emails

rossjames1
Tuning in

Hi. I haven't used this forum before.

For the last 24hours Virginmedia.com have reported "Your mailbox is not available at the moment". I've tried phoning but there dosn't seem to be an option for email users (I have only got Virgin email, no mobile,  broadband, TV etc).
Any idea how I might resolve this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rossjames1

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

@rossjames1 wrote:

Hi. I haven't used this forum before.

For the last 24hours Virginmedia.com have reported "Your mailbox is not available at the moment". I've tried phoning but there dosn't seem to be an option for email users (I have only got Virgin email, no mobile,  broadband, TV etc).
Any idea how I might resolve this? Thanks.

Ah, alas you do have a problem, there's no such thing as an email only user, use of any of the VM branded email addresses is conditional on you also having an active broadband account, otherwise the email address is classed as 'orphaned' and is prone to being deleted at any time.

What I can do is escalate this to the forum staff, who will, no doubt offer to contact you and see what could be done, but, you need to be prepared for the answer to be that the email address, the mailbox and all the email within in has been deleted with no chance of it being restored, even temporarily.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rossjames1 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you've lost access to your email address.  The information from jem101 is correct, but we'd still love to take a closer look to see if there's anything we can do.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rossjames1

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Vert helpful thank you.

Hi Ross, 

Thank you for getting back to us! Glad this has been resolved. 

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance, and we will be happy to help. 

All the best. 

Molly