cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send emails from iPhone & ipad

bazz96
On our wavelength

Since yesterday can’t send either from iPhone or iPad can send from webmail started when couldn’t access my virgin media had to change password for that then no emails so changed password on iPad /iPhone now can receive but not send so deleted and reinstalled but still can’t send please help as I use the emails a lot

thanks for any help 

15 REPLIES 15

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bazz96 wrote:

still can’t send please help as I use the emails a lot 

So what error message are you getting when you try to send?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bazz96
On our wavelength

Here is a screen shot of the error2385808F-4E5A-452A-8061-447E6174477D.png

bazz96
On our wavelength

The password is correct as I’m getting emails I have uninstalled and reinstalled but makes no difference 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bazz96 

Your screenshot was rejected as it showed your email address. You don't want a web crawler picking up your details and spamming you.

I've reposted it below with your email address redacted.

It appears to me that you have set up the email address incorrectly. It should be in the format of 

You can find out methods of setting up emails on various clients on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account 

incorrect email settingsincorrect email settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

bazz96
On our wavelength

Thank you for that but my email address must be correct as I am receiving emails I just can’t send them cheers for the help 

bazz96
On our wavelength

Can virginmedia please confirm the email settings for the apple mail client for iPad and iPhone mine was working fine till a couple of days ago now on one of my accounts I can receive but not send and on the other I can’t receive or send 

this should not be a rocket science thing there should be a simple support system for this as we pay good money to virginmedia it’s not a cheap service and I am getting very disillusioned with their service to a point that after about 20 years of being with them I am seriously considering alternative providers 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you follow the link in message 5 of this thread you will find all the settings that you need.

The settings can also be seen here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bazz96

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your email on your iPad and iPhone. 

Have you been able to follow the links provided by our community members to adjust the settings?

If so, has this resolved the issue? 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat

bazz96
On our wavelength

Thanks I’m not sure if it helped or not I finally got back in on both devices by deleting and reinstalling though I tried this several times without success and they were the same as what was in there originally so I’m at a loss why this happened  thanks again