Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't send emails from any device

Hello all

I am unable to send emails from my email client (Thunderbird) or my android phone (either wifi or 4g).

Receiving is not problem and I can send via webmail - but I have 3 email accounts and can't keep signing in and out every time I want to send an email!  I have checked spamhaus, as suggested in another thread, but my IP is not listed.

I have also tried to get the thunderbird log - but no files are created.

Any suggestions? Thank you 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send emails from any device

Try the applicable troubleshooting command shown below for your operating system and post the result here:

Windows 10:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | findstr "235 VM"​  

BSD, Linux, MacOS or similar:

export HISTCONTROL=ignorespace`
 curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | grep "235\\|VM"​ 

Where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, for example richard.branson@virginmedia.com :Y54kpX5g

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

It is disappearing before I can copy it! The last bit says could not resolve host?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The curl command should to be run inside a Command Shell; press Windows key + R, type cmd (into the Open field) and select OK to open a Command Shell.

0 Kudos