Menu
garyarnott
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't send emails, email account login rejected by server, spam issues, IP blacklisted on spamhaus!

Hi guys, hope someone can please help!

I've spent a few hours on the phone today with several Virgin Media support staff and to be honest it was a complete waste of time as they just couldn't understand my issue and kept telling me that they would have to transfer my call to a department where I would have to PAY FOR their help!!

The issues is that I haven't been able to send emails today via Outlook that uses smtp.virginmedia.com, it was working fine yesterday and now both mine and my wifes logins to the email server are being rejected. Virgin webmail still works fine though.

I checked a few previous posts from people with recent similar issues and learnt about the IP blacklisting issues, Norton/Mcaffee SPAM issues that plague us daily and I've also just discovered that my IP address is listed in the Spamhaus CSS,XBL,PBL etc!!

Is this the reason why my email account has been blacklisted with 'Authentication Denied (VM305)'?

How do I get Virgin to 'unblock' mine and my wife's email logins so we can send email again?

I've had Wireshark running for the past few hours but to be honest I don't know what I'm looking for as to what identifier is going to help me identify which device on my home network could be sending out spam.

Is there anyone that could help advise on this please?

I went through the tutorial on https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40... but as I say I can't undertsand what result I'm looking for that signifies where the problem is! Is the problem device that's outputting spam via port 25 highligted in a specific colour or something??

I'm disappointed especially with Virgin support staff as they don't seem to be aware of all these recent SPAM issues, even though the email IP blacklisting issues are pinned to the forums.

Does anyone know how I can start the process in trying to get our email accounts reactivated please!!

Massive thanks in advance!

Gary

0 Kudos
garyarnott
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send emails, email account login rejected by server, spam issues, IP blacklisted on spamhaus!

Cleared the Spamhaus CSS,XBL,PBL lists, how do I now get VM to allow my email account to send emails again????

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't send emails, email account login rejected by server, spam issues, IP blacklisted on spa...

Hi Garyarnott, 

Sorry for the delay in replying, we have been busier than usual. 

Are you able to send emails since posting? 

Once the virus has been removed from the infected device then you should be able to use the email service again within 24 hours.

Let us know if you need further help. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos