Did you mean: 

Can't remember email password and no longer have a BB account

jacksmum
Joining in

Hi

OH has Virgin Mobile 

We used to have BB account but left 5 yrs ago

OH has virgin email account

OH has recently upgraded his virginmedia mobile. He has tried to set up his email on the new phone however, as he can't remember the email account password, he cannot set it up. He has contacted VM multiple times and they can validate him on his mobile account but then transfer him to BB as email accounts are linked to BB accounts. They are then unable to validate him on there, as he cannot remember the password he had on the account back then and alternate security questions are things like 'last bill amount?'...not a clue it was 5 years ago.

He was advised the only option was to send him a letter through the post. We are now 10 days on and that still hasn't arrived. Contacting customer service through webchat today, has again resulted in multiple passing to various departments and being told 'tech cannot help you'

Can someone please help with how we get this resolved?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The email address concerned should have been closed 90 days after the broadband account was closed.

Having a Virgin Media mobile isn't sufficient to retain a free VM email account.

In the light of the above the only thing that the VM Forum Team are likely to be able to do is ensure that the email account is fully closed down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jacksmum

Welcome to the community and thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues with the email address and accessing the account.

We would like to assist with this matter but we would need to clear security via private message. 

I appreciate you have been advised a letter has been sent and not arrived so I will need to double check this for you. 

I will pop you over a private message now and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat