cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive emails from one @virginmedia account.

bigchap
On our wavelength

Can’t receive emails from one @virginmedia account, yet receiving them from the others.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigchap  The screen shot that you posted cannot be shown publicly as it reveals a number of email addresses.  The error message that your are getting indicates that the email address that you are trying to send to does not exist.  This is confirmed if you enter the email address into the following email checker:

Verify Email Address Online - Free Email Verifier - Free Email Address Verification (verify-email.or...

The image also shows that there is a blueyonder email address that exists with the same prefix as the virginmedia one that you are trying to send to.  The VM mail system is set up so that it is impossible to have a blueyonder email address and a virginmedia email address with the same prefix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bigchap,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are not able to receive emails from a particular sender.

Has the sender checked and confirmed that the issue is not from their end and that they are able to send emails to others? If so, can you please check your email settings to ensure you have not made any amendments that could be preventing your from receiving the emails?

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks

Nat

bigchap
On our wavelength

Hi. I have changed the password on VirginMedia and then on the iPad, but still getting a password error. It’s only this account?

Thanks 

John 

bigchap
On our wavelength

Sorry I’m just replying, as I need this sorted asap, but I usually get an email notifying me, but didn’t get one.

Hi bigchap,

Thanks for getting back to us, 

Just to confirm sorry- is the issue with signing in/ changing the password or receiving emails from a specific account?

Alex_Rm

bigchap
On our wavelength

This is what I’m getting.F12ECD6D-53D8-4B42-A60A-67B48F702D7C.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigchap  The screen shot that you posted cannot be shown publicly as it reveals a number of email addresses.  The error message that your are getting indicates that the email address that you are trying to send to does not exist.  This is confirmed if you enter the email address into the following email checker:

Verify Email Address Online - Free Email Verifier - Free Email Address Verification (verify-email.or...

The image also shows that there is a blueyonder email address that exists with the same prefix as the virginmedia one that you are trying to send to.  The VM mail system is set up so that it is impossible to have a blueyonder email address and a virginmedia email address with the same prefix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bigchap
On our wavelength

Thanks pal👍