cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open or download attachments

CarolinaMoon
Dialled in

I can't open or download attachments to email in my virginmedia email. The screen goes grey then nothing else happens if I click on lattachment name. I am using Google chrome in android. 

24 REPLIES 24

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CarolinaMoon wrote:

The screen goes grey then nothing else happens if I click on lattachment name.

You say you are using Chrome and android. I am not sure if that means you are using the VM Webmail service to manage your emails on your android device.

I assumed you were and so I sent an email with 2 attachments to my Ntlworld account and checked out how that displayed in Chrome on my android phone. I was interested because I don't use Webmail on phone. When I clicked on one of the attachment names I get this:

android view of email attachments.png

So are you just seeing the greyed out top section and not the "View", "Open in browser" and "Download" options at the bottom of the screen?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes whole page greys out. No download, view options shown. 

Hi @CarolinaMoon

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. 

Can I ask if you have been able to try this using a different browser or if you can clear cookies/cache to see if there's any difference?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'll try both these. 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried scrolling down the screen?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I can't scroll down screen when whole screen is greyed out. I have cleared cache, no different. Just noticed that when clicking menu at top right of screen, that greys out screen too. Clicking it again clears it but can't chose settings, help, sign out etc. I haven't got another browser but I'll get one and try. 

Hello CarolinaMoon

Can I just ask before obtaining your account details 

Are you able to do this on a different device, say laptop for example 

Gareth_L

Yes, can do on different tablet

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CarolinaMoon wrote:

Just noticed that when clicking menu at top right of screen, that greys out screen too. Clicking it again clears it but can't chose settings, help, sign out etc. I haven't got another browser but I'll get one and try. 

That certainly sounds as if, on your device, Chrome has stopped displaying those drop down menus that should appear at the bottom of the screen.

One thing you could try without installing another browser is to open Webmail in a Chrome incognito window. In incognito mode Chrome does not use any cookies stored on the device. I know you have cleared the cookies already but we have seen posters with similar issues  to yours on their desktops find that a screen displays correctly in incognito mode. It is definitely worth a try.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.