cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to ntlworld email

chrisweir1
Joining in

Having problems logging in to ntlworld.com email on Virgin webmail - get the message "We didn't understand the username or password you entered. Please try again".

Problem occurs on various browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox

The email account and password are correct, they still work on a smartphone email app.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Chris

18 REPLIES 18

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sgoodchild,

Many thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the email account.

I understand you've moved house and so I'm assuming your account at your previous address has been closed? If you currently don't have any active contract with us, then the email address will have been closed down 90 days after the disconnection I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you for this. How very annoying & incredibly inconvenient. What a shame I was not advised of this by Virgin Media at the time I left. TBH I just thought that as NTL World was such an old account it would just keep going, I have had that email address for over 15 years. GGGRRR

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm so sorry that this wasn't communicated properly at the time @sgoodchild.

I can understand how disappointing this must be, especially after having used the email address for so long!

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi I have the same problem i have had my ntlworld accoun t for years and dont want to give it up - i cant sign in anymore via virgin media email 

I keep getting error message “We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.”?

The address is linked to an active broadband account; I tried the forgotten email or password links, neither of these worked.

the email address in question should be primary i.e. only email on the account 

Can you raise this with IT for me please and get Virgin to re-link the email to the account?

Ive even tried to use outlook to login with details below still no access! Please help 

Email Settings for Ntlworld.com

Incoming Server - IMAP

Server: imap.ntlworld.com
Port: 993
Security: SSL/TLS
Username: Your full email address
Password: Your password

Outgoing Server - SMTP

Server: smtp.ntlworld.com
Port: 465
Security: SSL/TLS
Username: Your full email address
Password: Your password

Hi thee @HelenSkeaNo1 

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome on board! It's lovely to have you on the team!

I am so sorry to see you are having this issue with your email! I'm going to send you a PM so we can discuss this further, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your profile to alert you to a new message.

Thank you.

Hi Helen,

I have responded to you Via a private message, if you require any further help please let me know via a reply to my private chat?

Regards

Paul.

I need help too with ntlworld account. I was logging in then it appeared to have been hacked, but how can I change my password now. I do not see an option for that on line

Hi @anantadas

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues changing your password for your ntlword account. Can you advise if this is your My Virgin Media log in or is it just the mailbox you cannot access? 

For you My Virgin Media login, this is a forgotten password link you can use to change the password, just below the log in boxes. ~

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I can not access the mail box, I use MS outlook which I have done for years for NTL email, I don't even know how I would login to NTL email on the website