cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to ntlworld email

chrisweir1
Joining in

Having problems logging in to ntlworld.com email on Virgin webmail - get the message "We didn't understand the username or password you entered. Please try again".

Problem occurs on various browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox

The email account and password are correct, they still work on a smartphone email app.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

Chris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the ntlworld.com email address was not linked to your active account you should read this post, Orphan Email accounts  to understand its status. Mix and match of email addresses between accounts is not possible however the complete set can be moved from one to the other. I have flagged your post to the forum team who are best placed to help further however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi, Chris.

I've raised this with IT for you now under reference P010273633. The timescales for this are 5 working days and your email will be moved over.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is that verbatim or was error message, “We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.”?

Is the email address linked to an active broadband service account with Virgin Media?

• Yes, then try the Forgotten email or password? links shown on the web page
  • No, then has it been more than 90 days since it was was terminated?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for getting back to me.  The message was as you described “We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.”

The address is linked to an active broadband account; I tried the forgotten email or password links, neither of these worked.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the address in question is not the primary one for the account try:

Thanks - although Virgin had told me they were linking the email to the account, it seems like the ntlworld email is just being treated as a contact email address, so there's no option to change its password via this route.  Can I get Virgin to link the email to the account?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As the ntlworld.com email address was not linked to your active account you should read this post, Orphan Email accounts  to understand its status. Mix and match of email addresses between accounts is not possible however the complete set can be moved from one to the other. I have flagged your post to the forum team who are best placed to help further however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Hi chrisweir1

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the email issue. I'll PM you now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi, Chris.

I've raised this with IT for you now under reference P010273633. The timescales for this are 5 working days and your email will be moved over.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

I am also having this problem with my Ntlworld email. I moved 6 months ago & could not take Virgin with me as you do not supply my area. I get this message when I try to sign in "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again." which is the same as the screenshot someone else posted. Help please

Thanks

Sharon

@sgoodchild wrote:

I am also having this problem with my Ntlworld email. I moved 6 months ago & could not take Virgin with me as you do not supply my area. I get this message when I try to sign in "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again." which is the same as the screenshot someone else posted. Help please

Thanks

Sharon

You should (re-)read the content of the link provided in post #6 of this thread relating to Orphan Accounts.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.