cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to email or my account through the browser

HubbardJ
Tuning in

Up until a few weeks ago I could login to my Virgin web mail. Then it all stopped!!! When I try to login I now get a page that says 'Sorry, We have a problem'. Well this problem has now gone on for over a week so I think it is ongoing. I note that there was a thread on this topic in 2019 but it went cold and doesn't look as if it solved. I also get the same message when I try and login to my account. The system doesn't get as far as asking for login details.

Virgin have changed something, but what?

Unfortunately Virgin goes from bad to worse.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have reset the cache in the browser (Edge) and that appears to have done the trick. I am not sure what caused the problem with the Virgin site but fingers crossed that it doesn't come back.

Thanks for all the help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, HubbardJ,

Sorry to ear that you have been having mailbox issues. Can you confirm if you have an existing account with us? As stand alone mailboxes are no longer supported on our platform and we have been removing them since 2016. 

Cheers,

Corey C

I have had a mailbox with NTL then Virgin for quite a few years. I was able to access the mail box using the Edge browser up to a couple of weeks ago.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HubbardJ 

Corey is asking if you have a current Virgin Media cable broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I have a current Virgin account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for confirming that.  I'm sure that @Corey_C  will get back to you as soon as they can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HubbardJ,

Thank you for coming back to us and for providing us with the confirmation that you're still a customer with us!

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to access your online account and email services through the browser. Can you tell us if you're able to have access to both services via our MyVirginMedia App?

If not, have you tried to reset your username or password via our website? You can take a look how to complete this here.

Please keep us updated on your issue, so we can help further.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks,

Not around for a few days so will try later and get back to you.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks @HubbardJ

Please do keep us posted on how the passwrd reset works for you, if you are still having trouble login in after this let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena

I have reset the cache in the browser (Edge) and that appears to have done the trick. I am not sure what caused the problem with the Virgin site but fingers crossed that it doesn't come back.

Thanks for all the help.