cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get into virgin media account - demoted to secondary user!

brockett
On our wavelength

My husband has had problems accessing his virgin email and earlier called to speak to someone. At that time I could access my account ok as the primary account holder. They couldn't fix his access issue (they changed his password, but not mine and that didn't work for him), then escalated it so somebody else would try and fix it for him. Now when I try and get into my account, it says that I am the secondary account holder and it won't let me see any of my bills etc. I also can't get into my email and now get the same message as my husband - 'mailbox not available, try again in an hour'. I am still getting my email coming through in outlook, but I'm worried it is all going to stop working soon. Can anyone help please? Currently we have Virgin broadband and phone, and neither of us have access to our account! My profile now has my husband's email address but my display name - it's totally jumbled up!

I'm also worried that any replies to this will go to my email and I won't be able to see it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oh dear, what a mess.

The VM Forum Team staff will be off shift now but should respond to your thread in the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oh dear, what a mess.

The VM Forum Team staff will be off shift now but should respond to your thread in the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi brockett

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the email issue.

I will pop you a PM now to hopefully resolve this for you

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM brockett

Just to update the thread, the mailboxes were both enabled

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

brockett
On our wavelength

Thank you for all your help 🙂

You're more than welcome 🙂

Have a wonderful day and if you do ever need us - pop us another post and we'll be happy to help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@John_GS 

Did you manage to sove the problem of the primary account seemingly being demoted to a secondary one?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes thank you, I can get into my bills again so I must be back to primary account holder, phew! 🙂