Menu
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't change password?

So I sign into my account. Go to the change password. Type in a new password. Get good in green letters end of box.

Go to 'confirm password'. Type it in exactly as changed, Click the red tab to change. Nothing happens? Tried several times without success?

Still having to use present password. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or not doing?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't change password?

Let’s assume that we are talking about the primary account and that you are following these instructions under “My Profile” in MyVirgin Media -

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030... 

You put in the new password, click the red “Update” box – and “nothing happens”? 

Is the browser’s “load/reload” tab rotating after you hit “Update”– in Chrome that’s a circular arrow top left? Does it stop after a few revolutions – or keep going? 

Which Windows version?

Which browser? 

Can you try using another browser – one of these – Edge/Chrome/Firefox and report if the same thing happens. 

Is your email connection responding “as normal?” ie – no significant delays in sending or receiving emails.

0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, click update box and nothing happens?

No rotating circular arrow

Windows 7

Using google chrome

No other problems with sending/receiving emails

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Please clarify - Do you have a circular arrow top left in Chrome’s address bar? - but it’s just not turning when you hit update. 

When did you last clear out Chrome Cache and Cookies? We have had a number of cases recently where connection timeouts have been resolved by clearing same. 

Can you download and run Firefox or Opera for comparison purposes?

0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No, its not there. I know about the circular rotating arrow as it appears when webmail and some other sites slow loading. Facebook being one of them.

Everything is OK except for trying to change password? I'll try it with Explorer when more time tomorrow?

0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can change password using Explorer, but Not chrome?

Changed it via Explorer, but when tried to log into email/my account using chrome, had to use old password. Clicked on 'forgot your password'. Changed it, but got message saying this part of site not working?

So my password is still vulnerable with google, but not Explorer. Can this get anymore confusing??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I didn’t ask you to change password in IE - AND THEN GO TO CHROME TO SIGN IN. I asked you to use another browser to compare that with Chrome – which meant – can you change password in IE AND login to webmail via IE using that password. 

I suspect that you have Password Saving switched ON in Chrome Settings hence Chrome would try to use your OLD password to login – and fail. Switch OFF Auto Sign-in in Chrome Password Settings. 

If your attempted login via Chrome failed and the attempted password change in Chrome back to the old password failed - login via IE using the new password and report back.

0 Kudos
daveeb
Dialled in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem. I changed the password of a secondary account (through the primary) and everything seemed to have worked. Got an e-mail to my primary account and the secondary acct in question informing me password had changed. Trouble is it hasn't. The new one isn't recognised and the old one still works, this is with my android phone, Thunderbird on my pc or via webmail.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@daveeb

You may have a similar problem - but it is different. Please raise the issue in a separate new thread of your own.

0 Kudos
daveeb
Dialled in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK, it seemed similar enough to to merit jumping in, but as you say it is slightly different so i'll start a new thread. Thanks.

0 Kudos