cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change my password

SJB333
Joining in

I'm not able to change my virgin.net e-mail password as (for some strange reason) it doesn't appear on my list of e-mail accounts within the MyVirgin Media page - I can only see ones ending virginmedia,com

Not sure why this is and I need to change the password for my Virgin.net account.  Can anyone help / suggest how I can resolve this please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJB333 wrote:

I'm not able to change my virgin.net e-mail password as (for some strange reason) it doesn't appear on my list of e-mail accounts within the MyVirgin Media page - I can only see ones ending virginmedia,com

................I need to change the password for my Virgin.net account. 

The reason you cannot see that old address is almost certainly that it is not linked to your current broadband contract.

You can try changing the password from here   https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Enter your virgin.net address as the username and follow the prompts. 

There are no guarantees that will work and even if you are successful it is not the end of your problems.

Your real problem is that because your virgin.net account is not linked to a live VM broadband account it could disappear at any time.  VM regularly delete email accounts that are not linked to a current broadband account and there are lots of posts on the forum from people who have experienced that.

Virgin.net  addresses were usually associated with the long gone Virgin.net dial up service or with the also defunct Virgin ADSL broadband service that VM sold off to TalkTalk. As a result they were not originally linked to Virgin Media fibre broadband accounts. However, when you  opened your present VM broadband VM would have been able to to link your virgin.net email address to it. Sadly. it seems that did not happen.

Virgin Media do have a "Move and Transfer" facility where an the email address associated with a cancelled broadband contract can be linked to that customer's new broadband account. However, that means that all email accounts already created within that current broadband account (your virginmedia.com addresses) would be erased and replaced by the virgin.net address.  If you are happy with that limitation then a "Move and Transfer" may be possible. That's provided your virgin.net email account has not been deleted already of course.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will pick up this thread in the next day or so. They will take your details and check out what your options are.  My advice would be that if you are able to regain access to your virgin.net account using the link above you should take the opportunity to save any important emails and documents elsewhere in case the account disappears again.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SJB333 wrote:

................I need to change the password for my Virgin.net account. 

The reason you cannot see that old address is almost certainly that it is not linked to your current broadband contract.

You can try changing the password from here   https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Enter your virgin.net address as the username and follow the prompts. 

There are no guarantees that will work and even if you are successful it is not the end of your problems.

Your real problem is that because your virgin.net account is not linked to a live VM broadband account it could disappear at any time.  VM regularly delete email accounts that are not linked to a current broadband account and there are lots of posts on the forum from people who have experienced that.

Virgin.net  addresses were usually associated with the long gone Virgin.net dial up service or with the also defunct Virgin ADSL broadband service that VM sold off to TalkTalk. As a result they were not originally linked to Virgin Media fibre broadband accounts. However, when you  opened your present VM broadband VM would have been able to to link your virgin.net email address to it. Sadly. it seems that did not happen.

Virgin Media do have a "Move and Transfer" facility where an the email address associated with a cancelled broadband contract can be linked to that customer's new broadband account. However, that means that all email accounts already created within that current broadband account (your virginmedia.com addresses) would be erased and replaced by the virgin.net address.  If you are happy with that limitation then a "Move and Transfer" may be possible. That's provided your virgin.net email account has not been deleted already of course.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will pick up this thread in the next day or so. They will take your details and check out what your options are.  My advice would be that if you are able to regain access to your virgin.net account using the link above you should take the opportunity to save any important emails and documents elsewhere in case the account disappears again.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @SJBB333 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email address. 

Just to confirm are you still a virgin media customer? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak

Yes - I'm still a Virgin Media customer

Stephen

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SJB333, 

thanks for your reply, I can take a look at what's going on for you and will drop you a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie