cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change (can't save) password for email account

vcustomer77
On our wavelength

Hi. Out of the blue I now have problems with one of my virgin email accounts.

No in or out emails. Triangle with exclamation mark. Banner message to change password.

I contacted tech support and was advise to go to settings and change password. Click 'save'. I did this but the problem remains. I've been promised a V tech call... in the next 5 days!

Interestingly, when I go back into settings the new password hasn't been updated. I've tried a few times to change and save it; no good.

On my email accounts page there is the message against the relevant email account 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them'

I'd really value any help please thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @vcustomer77, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome back to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the password on the emails.
May I ask if this via webmail or a client, such as Outlook etc.
If you'd like, I can reset the password for you.

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

vcustomer77
On our wavelength

to add. In Windows Mail I'm getting the message 'We couldn't access this account (name of account). You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device'

thanks

Hey there @vcustomer77, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome back to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the password on the emails.
May I ask if this via webmail or a client, such as Outlook etc.
If you'd like, I can reset the password for you.

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks. Sorted now. Excellent tech person today BTW. Much appreciated

Hi @vcustomer77 thanks for your message confirming this is fixed on this particular thread (I know we've communicated privately)!

Great to hear.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi I have the same problem and is it possible to show in this forum the way it was fixed.

Thank you

Mike

Hey Miked2022, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues changing your password.

I will be able to take a look into this, I am going to send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?