cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add account to outlook

NickyK
Tuning in

I had my NTLworld account synced to outlook on my laptop.  All was working well until this afternoon when it stopped sending my messages.

I tried all the turning off/on and logging in and out and now deleted the account from outlook.

When i try and add it back on it does not recognise the account.  I thought it was an outlook issue, but microsoft were great and remotely tried to do it and they got an error message to contact administrator.  I have no idea how to contact an administrator as on the VM contact section I can't find email help!

Any advice, anything I can do or I will I wake up tomorrow and all will be well?

Thanks

52 REPLIES 52

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the complete error message into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hopefully de-listing will occur sooner rather than later but if not post back here to have the issue flagged to the forum team.

Also consider following the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked.

Thank you so much!  Hoping it works!  How will I know?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Either see if the Outlook account setup process completes or the curl is successful. Should the issue persist into tomorrow afternoon post back here.

Thank you!

I am still not able to add my account to Outlook!

Error message is 

Send test email message: The server responded: 421 csmtp7.tb.ukmail.iss.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to read that. Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Thanks so much for your help! 

Hi Nicky, 

Sorry to hear of your issues accessing your email via clientmail. We have an additional guide for how to use email with client mail here.

Having had a look on our end, the account is engaged as it should be.

Can you confirm you are still having no issues accessing our Webmail service?

Are there any software updates that need completing on your device? 

All the best. 

Molly

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Molly_T wrote:

Having had a look on our end, the account is engaged as it should be.

Is that confirmation that NickyK's public IP Address is no longer on Virgin Media's block list due to sending too many bad emails as mentioned here earlier?

I have just tried from both the automatic set-up in outlook and via control panel and it seems to be okay with incoming, but still unhappy with the outgoing.

Error message:

Send test email message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I am using 993 and 465 as instructed.

Webmail is fine.