cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access webmail

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi.

I'm getting a '403 Forbidden' message when I try to access webmail. I Googled the problem and have cleared the cache/history in Chrome, tried Bing, reset my password twice but I'm still getting the message.

The email client on my PC (emClient) and on my Android phone is working perfectly fine, so I don't think the account is locked.

Could somebody please look into this for me, please, as I often use webmail to search for older emails?

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Try using the browser in private/incognito mode. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

I have tried that, thanks, in both Chrome and Bing, but it doesn't work.

What I have realised this morning is that I hadn't changed the settings on my desktop client or Android phone, yet was still receiving emails. This is weird because I've changed the password twice on the Virginmedia website.

When I change to the new password on the desktop client I get a 'not authorized' message, but if I switch back to the old password, it works!

I sign into the Virginmedia website with the new password, so it's definitely up and running, but it seems like it hasn't yet been applied to my email settings. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Hi XTed,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been facing issues with Web Mail, have you tried first running an anti Virus on your devices then changing the password again to something totally different to ones previously used, once done allow 15 minutes before trying to log in again?

Regards

Paul.

XTed
On our wavelength

Thanks for getting back to me, Paul.

I'll try, but as I've explained, my devices are still collecting emails normally using the old password, even though your website requires the new password to log in, so I'm not hopeful running a virus check will make any difference.

I've definitely never used the new password before, either.

I'll let you know how I get on.

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi Paul.

I've run two virus scans (which took a long time), changed the password (again), waited a couple of hours and I'm still getting the 'Forbidden' message. I've even tried a third browser, too.

Email clients on PC and Android phone are still collecting emails with the old password, so I really don't think there is anything I can do about it. It's surely something at your end?

I've spent a lot of time on this now and it's becoming really frustrating. I'd be very grateful if you could look into it for me.

Thanks.

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi. Sorry to bump this, but I'm at a loss as to what to do and would really appreciate some guidance from the team? Just to summarise:

I've tried three browsers (in normal and incognito mode); cleared cache and history; run two full virus checks; changed passwords three times (none ever used before); waited a few hours before retrying – and still I'm getting the 'Forbidden' message on webmail.

As I've said, I'm still receiving emails onto my PC and phone using the old password and although I'm not an expert, perhaps this means that the new password(s) haven't actually been applied to your servers?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you @XTed 

When you say you're receiving emails onto your PC and phone is this through webmail or are you using a client on those devices?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

XTed
On our wavelength

Hi Carly. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm using a client (emClient), which is what I don't understand. Also, the built-in email app in my Android phone is also collecting emails, no problem.

I did try to change the settings in both clients to the new password(s), but they fail and have I have to put the old one back!

So it's just the webmail I can't access.

Thanks for coming back to us XTed. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L