Menu
Anniecrackers
Tuning in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t access virgin email account

sad that I have lost info, contacts and photos but it’s only email and hey ho.. nobody died !! 

Thanks for taking the time to help. Happy 2019 x

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

That kind of reaction is simply unworthy of serious consideration. In none of your posts do you explicitly say if you have a live paid for VM broadband account which is at the heart of this matter. I'm assuming you don't but if you do I'd give entirely different advice. FYI VM mobile and VM internet etc are run as entirely separate businesses even though they use the same trading style.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Well the thing is - if you are suffering the same problem as the OP then you have no right of email access, as you don't have a broadband account.

You could of course switch everything to sky or you could STOP RELYING ON ISP EMAIL SERVICES anyway.  (Sky's is provided by Yahoo BTW and we all know what happened to Yahoo's email service - every account was hacked - just saying).

If you have an active broadband account then the Forum Team might be able to help rescue your email by linking it up properly with a move and transfer.  But if not I'd take the opportunity to create an address with an independent email provider.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
HelenM1
Tuning in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

do have VM Broadband, and have done for years, but am getting locked out. I've tried contacting VM but it's seemingly impossible. I think I'll jump before I'm pushed (for whatever reason) just to be safe.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@HelenM1 wrote:

do have VM Broadband, and have done for years, but am getting locked out. I've tried contacting VM but it's seemingly impossible. I think I'll jump before I'm pushed (for whatever reason) just to be safe.

I do wish people would stop posting in other people's threads.  It's very confusing.

@ModTeam - Can you ask someone to have a look at @HelenM1's post here.

Helen The Forum Team can help restore access to your email.  What happens when you try using the forgotten password link?

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

HelenM1
Tuning in
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

sorry for using another's thread. it seems I have another 'virginmedia.com' address but I have no idea what the password is and when I try changing it - they send a verification email to the virginmedia.com account for me to click on....I still have virgin.net access on my phone. Can't find a way around it but will keep trying.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@HelenM1

Keep an eye on this thread.  I've flagged this to the Mod team so someone from the Virgin Media Forum Team will pick up on it in the next few days.

Tim

P.S.  Sorry for my rant, I can get a bit grouchy, but I do still want to help.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

HelenM1
Tuning in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I understand 🙂 Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Definitely something odd going on here as the VM password change option does not send a verification email, only a confirmation email to the primary account holder that a change has been made.  If it is a secondary account then the secondary account also gets the confirmation email.

As Ravenstar68 says best now to wait for the Forum Team to respond.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anniecrackers,

As per the advice already provided it is highly likely that your email account is in the process of being removed from our data base, as it's not linked to a paid-for broadband service 😞

But I'll take a look on our systems to make sure - just reply to my PM (purple envelope top right) and I'll investigate.

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos