cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access ntlworld emails

SHBX
Tuning in

Hi there,

My IOS phone and laptop are both requesting that I re-enter my password for my ntlworld.com email address in order to send and receive emails. However, I have tried many variations of my common passwords, to no avail. I have then gone to the Virgin media website in hope of resetting my password but it seems that it no longer recognises ntlworld email addresses? Therefore, I am a bit stuck as to what I can do next to get back access to my email account?! Any help/advice would be really gratefully received.

48 REPLIES 48

Hi SHBX - did you get your problem resolved as we too have this issue and haven't been able to send or receive emails since 29/8?  I was able to send an email on 29/8 and then literally 5 mins after this, I tried to send another and got the dreaded 'an incorrect password was entered' - I haven't changed my password for years!!  Any help/advice will be greatly received 🙂

Hi Haynes77,

It sounds like we have the exact same problem. I sent an email one minute with no problem and then I went to send another and it’s just sat in my outbox ever since! When you try a password reset on Virgin is it saying that your security answers are incorrect too? 

I believe that my issues have been escalated so I’m hoping to have some luck soon, but no one has got back to be yet - I will let you know if they do!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @haynes77 

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your email address. 

Just to go over a few things, How are you sending the emails? Is this using a 3rd party e.g apple mail, outlook etc? If so could you log in directly to virgin mail and see if you are able to send an email from there? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thank you so much for replying so quickly SHBX and indeed, it appears that we are both in the same highly frustrating boat! 

My biggest concern is the thought that my email may have been hacked and, as I use my ntlworld email address as my primary email, the inconvenience is massive.  Fingers and everything else crossed that we both get our emails working again asap and, if you wouldn't mind keeping me updated, that would be very much appreciated - thank you.

PS:  I've ticked the 'email me when someone replies' box, knowing full well that I can't receive emails!!

Hi Zak_M - I use Windows Live Mail 12, as I have done for the last couple of years or more, with no issues. 

Being asked to enter my password out of the blue brings back very bad memories of spending hours trying to get through to VM customer services and actually losing the will to live!!  It also reminds me of the scam/phising email issues VM customers were/are still plagued with and VM point blank refusing to accept responsibility - see the FB public group 'Virgin Media Email Problems - Spoofing, Hacked, Data Breach?' site!

Kind Regards

haynes77

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Completely understand. 

What I am trying to establish is where the problem is. 

If you can successfully send the email from the browser then it would point at it being an issue with the windows live mail, either way we can advise further once we know if emails send from the browser (https://mail.virginmedia.com

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M - apologies for my 'venting' - that was rude of me. 

As you have probably guessed, I am no longer a VM customer and haven't been for almost 2 years so, that will no doubt mean that you are unable to help me and I will just have to 'suck it up' so to speak but I will be more than happy if you are able to prove me wrong!

Kind Regards

haynes77

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Completely understand,  it might well be that we are not able to get your email back if its been deleted. 

Is your email address @VirginMedia.com? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It's an ntlworld.com email Zak_M and can VM delete an email address in the space of 5 mins, between sending 2 emails (one successfully, followed by being asked to input my password)?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Kind Regards

haynes77

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can see if there is anything further I can assist you with. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M