cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access ntlworld emails

SHBX
Tuning in

Hi there,

My IOS phone and laptop are both requesting that I re-enter my password for my ntlworld.com email address in order to send and receive emails. However, I have tried many variations of my common passwords, to no avail. I have then gone to the Virgin media website in hope of resetting my password but it seems that it no longer recognises ntlworld email addresses? Therefore, I am a bit stuck as to what I can do next to get back access to my email account?! Any help/advice would be really gratefully received.

48 REPLIES 48

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SHBX wrote:

I have then gone to the Virgin media website in hope of resetting my password but it seems that it no longer recognises ntlworld email addresses?

Virgin Media definitely still supports @ntlworld.com email accounts so the issue must be with your account. I have just checked my ntlworld addresses and I can sign in to them fine.

If you were trying to sign into your account (from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  or here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn for example) the error message you see is "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered."

Or were using the 'Forgotten password" reset page  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password ? That would come up with the error "Some information is missing or incorrectly entered" which,  provided you have entered the address correctly,  would suggest that your ntlworld.com email account no longer exists.

Do you still have a VM broadband account or are you still using an ntlworld email address that came from a now cancelled VM broadband contract? 🤔

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

this issue is with Virgin, it is nothing to do with refreshing passwords ( which in itself is an issue if you have to be forced to do that ) i refreshed mine & others have refreshed theirs & it made zero difference, as usual it just came back on on it's own accord.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@muffmasterh wrote:

this issue is with Virgin, it is nothing to do with refreshing passwords i refreshed mine & others have refreshed theirs & it made zero difference,

But I was not recommending a password  reset for @SHBX .😐

In their case it appears something else is going on It because from what they say it seems that their email address is no longer recognised as a valid address.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

It sounds like you're correct - it must be an issue with my individual email address. I am still with VM broadband but it's a different account, as my Dad was account holder and passed away 5 years ago. When we changed the account holder (to an icloud email address), the advisor at VM assured us that our ntlworld.com email addresses would be transferred to this new account so that we are still able to access our emails, so I'm slightly confused by the sudden loss of access! My mum is able to receive emails but cannot send from her ntlworld.com address. 

When I try to reset p/word it tells me that my security questions are wrong... I'm not sure what to try next!!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SHBX wrote:

I am still with VM broadband but it's a different account, as my Dad was account holder and passed away 5 years ago. When we changed the account holder (to an icloud email address), the advisor at VM assured us that our ntlworld.com email addresses would be transferred to this new account so that we are still able to access our emails,

Thank you for that clarification. In view of that I have escalated your post to the @ForumTeam . In view of the fact that we are in a Bank Holiday weekend I am not sure when the forum team will catch up with you. However, they should be able to advise you of what can be done regarding your old ntlworld email account.

Hopefully things can be resolved to your satisfaction.

Coenoby

Thank you so much for all your help coenoby.

Hi SHBX,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you've had some issues accessing your email account, thank you for trying a password reset already.

I'll need a few more details from you so I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi SHBX,

Thanks for sending me your details over via private message.

This hasn't been something I'm able to resolve myself, I've had to raise an IT ticket in order to get this resolved.

As soon as I have an update on the ticket I'll let you know.

Alex_Rm

Thank you!