cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access ntlworld email

DiverHants
Tuning in

I have lost access to ntlworld email from all devices, mobile chrome and windows laptop. Is anyone else having issues. I go to the email log in page and it say mailbox unavailable try again in an hour. It's been like this since midnight 10th Sept. 

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DiverHants 

Try following the instructions posted for this situation found here:

Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-email 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I have been in to change my password but I can't even get to the email login page. I only get this far. I did call virgin this morning and they told me the email was down, and to keep trying. But really! I am seriously thinking on binning them and migrating to gmail. 

Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't need to be able to access the email log in page to follow the instructions that I linked to.  It is all done via your My Virgin Media account page.

It can take up to an hour, sometimes more, for the password change to percolate through all the VM systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @DiverHants,

Many thanks for your recent posts and apologies for the issues you've been experiencing with your mailbox.

Have you been able to get in since your latest post or are you still in need of further assistance?

Let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly, 

My email did reappear yesterday morning Sunday 12th. It would be good if a text could be sent or indeed if it were a planned outage an email a few days beforehand to let users know the service will be down. When it suddenly disappears I'm sure we all do the same thing and run around like headless chickens trying different devices and passwords.  

Hi DiverHants,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to access your mailbox on Sunday. We weren't aware of any outage affecting email addresses; if this were the case we would update the service status page to reflect this, where you can subscribe to outage updates.

If you have any further issues from here, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always more than happy to help.

Beth

Beth