cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my virgin.net emails on any device.

Sian6
Joining in

The error message is as follows: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I am using the correct password but a pop account has come up on the main computer.  

I'd really appreciate it if someone could suggest a solution.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked/td-p/4808847/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jem101
Superstar

OK, first and most important question is, are you still a current VM broadband customer?

If you are then have you tried logging into the my.virginmedia.com website, checking that the address in question is associated with the account and resetting the password on it?

Sian6
Joining in
Can I speak to someone at Virgin about this as I need to access the emails urgently.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sian6 wrote:
Can I speak to someone at Virgin about this as I need to access the emails urgently.

You can if you call the customer support line, however, have you tried the advice already provided to change the password for the account concerned?  If you do get through to a knowledgeable phone support agent they will want you to do this before they offer further assistance. Otherwise if the password change does not work post back here and the VM Forum Team should be able to advise further when they reach this thread.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.). For email issues choose the Broadband faults option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I joined Virgin over 20 years ago when they were based in Newport.  I'm not a Virgin customer at the moment but haven't had any correspondence regarding the termination of my account.  Reading the experiences of other virgin email users, I guess that my account has been orphaned.

Is it possible to re-access the account, even if only temporarily to let people know that I have to create a new account? This was my first  email account and use it constantly.  I use this address for work and need to inform colleagues and family that it has been closed.  

I would also be prepared to pay a small fee to access it - even if only for a short while.

Regards.

I failed tonreach anyone onnthe phone. 

Hi @Sian6,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are not able to access your mailbox. As you have already been advised, you do need to have an active broadband service in order to use the email facility.

I will pop you a PM now to see if there is anything that can be done to help get access to the mailbox.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page to access your inbox. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs