cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access my email

penelopetrees1
Joining in

dear Serena my virgin.net stopped working on 12 December but I was in hospital I don't have virgin broadband so if my account is being deleted why was I not warned and can I have temporary access to it to get my missed emails and get future emails diverted to a new account please

5 REPLIES 5

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, penelopetrees1,

Sorry to hear that you do not have access to your mailbox. Just to clarify, do you not have any media services with us? If not then unfortunately, it may be possible that the mailbox would have been closed along with the rest of the media services as we do not provide email only services. Regrettably there is not a way to reactivate a mailbox once it's been deleted.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thank you for your reply. I find it outrageous that you would delete someone's email account with no warning and with no possibility of retrieving any of the information. Why not give people a month's warning so that they can set up a new account elsewhere? Can you imagine the devastation you would suffer if your email suddenly disappeared?

Luckily a clever friend of mine managed to restore my account, so you are clearly wrong in saying this is not possible. I managed to get back everything that had been sent to me since the account stopped working, and have now set up a new account. But in future if you really are discontinuing people's accounts I hope you will give them plenty of warning first.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @penelopetrees1 

Thank you for coming back to us, it could be that the email address was locked instead of being deleted but what was advised above is correct, if the email address is deleted then it wouldn't be possible to re-activate. 

Regarding not having notice, when you leave the services we advise that customer have 90 days before the email address is subject to culling.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Maybe it was just locked then. But I was not given a reason for this. I was. unable to contact any customer support as there is apparently no email support in Ireland. I tried the live chat on your website but could never get a real person, only a useless robot. I heard via the Community that email accounts were being deleted so I thought that must be what had happened and it was only by luck that a client of mine managed to restore it for me (I was in hospital when it stopped working so it was a while before I was able to do anything about it).

Can you explain why my account was locked?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@penelopetrees1 wrote:

Maybe it was just locked then. But I was not given a reason for this. I was. unable to contact any customer support as there is apparently no email support in Ireland

Are you using Virgin Media UK email? Or Virgin Media Eire?

This support forum is for issues with VM-UK, the Irish company is at https://www.virginmedia.ie/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks