cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access my email !!!!

Si-Den
Joining in

Hi,

couldn’t access my emails so tried deleting my account on my iPhone and re-add it but it keeps saying username and password are no recognised 😩 I tried to access the emails through my laptop but it’s saying that the password is wrong for the account but I’ve not changed anything. I use my @virginmedia account for my building business and has lots of emails on it that I need…… please help 🤯

15 REPLIES 15

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a virgin media broadband account? If not your email may be in the process of being deleted as you need a virgin media broadband account to retain an email address, if you do have an active broadband with virgin a virgin rep will assist you. If you don't have one they may be able to give you temporary access to the account 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Si-Den  If you do have a current VM broadband account try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are taking a heck of a risk running a business on virginmedia email. It's not designed or supported for business use.

Get your own domain in the name of the business, with a proper email service. It's not expensive. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks,
to be honest I haven’t got the foggiest about email accounts and wrongly assumed that would be fine 🤯. I’m good with a hammer and saw but technology is my down fall !!

I will now get my “own domain” as you suggest but need to access/keep all my old emails.

Cheers Simon

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you get your new email address you can set up an auto-forward at the virgin address that will make sure all your incoming mails get forwarded to the new one.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Good Afternoon @Si-Den, can you confirm if you are an active subscriber for Virgin Media services?

If so, are the services in your name?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

No I’ve have moved house and unfortunately you don’t supply to my new area. 😢

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification @Si-Den, sorry to hear we couldn't provide for your new area.

If you are not an active Virgin Media customer who holds a broadband account with us, then your email address will end. It normally ends 90 days after your broadband contract ends, however sometimes they can take a while to be deactivated. Once an email address has been removed it cannot be activated or used again. I'm sorry. When you started using the email address, the T&C state that once account is closed the email service will end 90 days after contract for broadband.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Serena

Si-Den
Joining in

Could a VM staff please help me to access my email account ?

I spoke with customer care a few weeks ago and they said my account had been locked due to me not being a current customer. I explained my situation and they informed someone would contact me to give me temporary access to my email account for me to forward some important emails to my new email account.

I wasn’t contacted an am now not sure where to go as I don’t trust calling up again to be fobbed off 🤯.

I don’t mind even paying to use the email address but as you don’t currently supply Virgin to my area I can’t be a customer, as much as I’d prefer it over Sky !

Cheers Simon