Menu
Michelledb
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't access emails

For over a week I haven't been able to access my emails on phone or laptop. I've called them twice on 150 and they reset my password. I've been told I will just have to wait until its fixed and that there is a problem. I know my sons school have emailed me but I can't access them plus any other urgent ones. I think I've waited long enough and need this fixing now please. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't access emails

Hello Michelledb,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry if this issue is stopping you from viewing important emails.

Can you describe what is happening when you try to log into your email? Any error messages?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Michelledb
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan there is no error message it's just not downloading my emails. I can send them just can't receive them on [removed]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Michelledb wrote:

Hi Megan there is no error message it's just not downloading my emails. I can send them just can't receive them on [removed]

The situation you describe can often indicate that the email account has been tampered with and an autoforward rule or a filter has been added to redirect incoming mail to the miscreants account.

Please can you follow all the advice in this help article and report back here with your findings: virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michelledb,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Michelledb ,

Thanks for your details, I have reset this for you, please try again and then change the password so this doesn't happen again.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos