cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access emails since Saturday

sue33
Tuning in

Can't access emails since Saturday it appears to be a password problem. When checking settings the password suddenly appears to be 16 characters long instead of the 10 it should be. Tried forgotten password route to try to change it with no luck.Rang Virgin and someone said they changed password and gave me another to try but still can't access emails and when I check settings there are still 16 characters showing instead of the 8 of the new password this person gave me and told us to use in 24hours again to try getting access. I would be grateful for any help as this is my granddaughters email on my account so is a different email address to mine and she has applied for jobs and is reliant on emails for updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just to confirm that my granddaughter has now tried her emails and all is working perfectly as we speak.

Thanks to everyone for their input which enabled me to sort out the problem. I would like to say that finding this forum has been the best thing I ever did as my previous problem with my phone was sorted out by you totally after hours of frustration to Virginmedia on the phone and now I have been able to sort out this problem with advice on this forum.

Thank you to everyone involved you are a fantastic group of people and couldn't be more helpful and so quick to respond..

Kindest regards Sue

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sue33 

When looking at the settings page the number of dots in the password field does not match the password length so that is a red herring.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with your issue when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sue33,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues here on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that the agent you spoke to has raised this with our IT support team, we would need to wait for their investigation to be completed.

The support team will be in touch once they have resolved the issue for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Following my earlier message it appears that the agent I spoke to earlier has changed the password on MY email account as I was just unable to get on until I used the 'new password' she gave me earlier despite her asking me specifically what my granddaughters email address was so I probably don't need IT at all I just need the right email address password changing.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sue33 

You should be able to do that yourself via your My Virgin Media account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I have been onto my profile and changed the password for my granddaughters additional account but she still can not access her emails using this new password it still comes up 'cannot access you might need to update password or give the account permission to sync to this device.'.. she is using the same device she always uses to access her emails.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to wait at least 30 minutes if not longer for the password change to percolate through all the VM databases.

Thanks for coming back to us @sue33 and have you been able to follow the advice of @Graham_A and has your granddaughter been able log back in?

If not, please let me know and we can get this looked into further for you from our side.

Regards,

Steven_L

I have been onto my account and changed the password for my granddaughter but we still cannot get the emails to come in we still get the 'wrong configuration user name or password' message

Thanks for getting back to us @sue33 

I would like to take a look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R