cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access emails on his computer

Dancer86
Joining in

For the last month my son can't access emails on his computer but can on mine.  On his, a Virgin Media search gives a screen displaying  'sign in to my virgin media' and 'sign in to virgin mobile' .  When choosing virgin media the screen shows the moving virgin logo but does not go anywhere. On mine we get a variety of options to choose.   

15 REPLIES 15

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you both using the same email address or different ones? 

Are both addresses linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

We have our own separate email addresses on Virgin Media  and they have worked OK for several years.   I suspect the problem is with my son's computer but he hasn't changed anything. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is either or both linked to a Virgin broadband account?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

They are both linked to a Virgin account which is how they were set up several years ago.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Good. Each email address now has its own MyVirginmedia account, so he should be able to log into that with his original password. 

- jpeg1

The problem is,  although typing virginmedia.com in the search bar on my computer gives  a list of options such as 'Virginmedia.com'  'Virgin media Broadband'  'Sign in to my virgin media'  and many others,  this does not happen on his computer.  Typing virginmedia.com on the search bar and hitting enter takes him straight into a virgin media screen with the two buttons Virgin Media or Virgin Mobile.  and selecting Virgin media just gives the moving virgin logo  and stays stuck on that.   It is not set up for virgin mobile so that is never used.   Since my son can access both his email addresses from my computer I assume the problem lies on his computer but we don't know where to look and what to look for.  I am 86 and find computer problems are far more difficult to resolve than I ever experienced years ago. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can he try using a different browser app? 

- jpeg1

Thanks for the suggestion,  I'll get back to you once he has tried.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As well as trying a different browser, rather than using a search engine go directly to this page:

https://mail.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks