cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access emails after password reset

dcampbell86
Joining in

We have reset our password this evening (4 times!) to something completely new and then managed to logon onto the Virgin Media website but when we try to access our emails we get a message saying it’s currently unavailable.

Customer services say that the email account is unlocked so why can’t we access our email?  It’s very stressful as we have everything going to this email so need it back!

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can take up to an hour for the password change to percolate through all the VM databases that control access to the email account.

Have you waited that long after each change?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep over an hour!

this was after the dodgy email saying our email was blocked due to the malware situ!

Hi dcampbell86

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear of the email issue. Just to confirm you've done the following; changed the password to something new and unique and done a malware scan on all your devices, then left it 30 minutes before trying again to log in?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes we did this 3 or 4 times.  Miraculously the next morning all emails came through, funny that isn’t it?

This came after my call to the help desk who were insisting on another password reset and then they raised an IT ticket for us.  Coincidence or what?

Hi @dcampbell86,

Thank you for the update on this. I appreciate this was both irritating and inconvenient, but I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to resolve this.

Please do let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!