cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access Virgin media emails

Shaun100
Joining in

Help needed please……..

I used to be a Virginmedia customer until I moved house a few years ago. Currently Virginmedia do not provide service so I went to sky 😞

Problem is….although I still have my email account, I can only send/receive on my iPhone. 
I have tried to access on PC ….. but no success. 
I cannot recall password and although have tried to reset on the website, it does not recognise my email account……

Should I lose my phone (I hope not) then I will lose all emails!  

Any advice please on either accessing the emails on other devices or resetting password…..

Help gratefully received! 

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media email accounts are only available for current VM broadband customers.  You are lucky that you still get access to the account that should have been closed 90 days after you ceased to be a broadband customer.

Whilst you still have access via your phone take the opportunity to backup important emails before you completely lose access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply Graham - really helpful.

Couple of questions - 

1. I recall hearing something about 90 days once too. However, I was told it would close if there was no traffic after 90 days. I use this email account daily. Trouble is I can only send/receive on my phone…..and typing emails is a hassle.

2. Surely, somewhere at VM there will be record of an active email account - so would they be able to help?

3. Is it likely that one day I wake up with no VM email account? 

4. What’s the best way to back up emails other than copy and paste?

Thanks so much

Shaun

Hi @Shaun100,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with your Virgin Media email service. As @Graham_A has explained, and as is also detailed within our Terms & Conditions, if an email address is no longer attached to an active broadband service then it will be deactivated permanently in due course.

This typically happens within 90 days though can take longer, and will happen regardless of the frequency in which it's used. Once it's been deactivated and removed then the likelihood of us being able to reactive and restore it - even temporarily - is slim to none I'm afraid.

What happens exactly when you attempt to access it directly via the web mail platform on our website? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!