cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Virgin Media email account

TechnoPrat
Tuning in

I am unable to sign in to my Virgin Media email account on my PC. I have tried resetting password but get error message that email address invalid (even though I have had this address for over 10 years). Can view emails via my phone but need access to the Virgin email account to view SPAM & do general housekeeping. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting us know!

We are in the process of finding a new email provider.

Cheers,

Mike

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Are you still a Virginmedia Broadband customer ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TechnoPrat, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had some problems accessing your email account. 

As Mike mentioned above - what we can do to help may be limited depending on if you have active services with us or not. To help clear things up asap I'll get in touch via PM and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

Hi, we switched to Sky mid March & were told we would be able to continue to access our Virgin email account. This was the case until about 10 days ago. During the switch we were not informed that accessing our email account through Virgin would be a problem.

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
I'm afraid you were told wrong. VM delete e-mail accounts of former customers after 90 days. That is designed to give you enough time to move to a new e-mail service and tell people. Your former account is not recoverable, neither will you get access to it once it has been closed; which it looks like it has.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying the situation TechnoPrat, I am sorry you were given incorrect information. The use of VM accounts is reserved for active broadband customers only, as advised by Howard above - if after disconnecting you would have 90 days to continue using the email service. Unfortunately we can't help further on this occasion.

Tom 

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting us know!

We are in the process of finding a new email provider.

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Tom_F ,

For several hours I have been unable to access my Virgin Media email account and on the website it states that they are doing some work with the website so any update would be helpful as I cannot even access the service status page for some reason .

Regards ,

davybozal53

Hi Davybozal53,

Thanks for joining the conversation, I am sorry you're also having issues accessing your email account. 

We are able to help with email issues, however sometimes there can be limitations.

Can I please ask if you are still a Virgin Media customer please? 

Also, I can see its been a few days since you last posted, have you tried to access your email today? 

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved already.

Thanks,

Megan_L

no