cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t access Email or anything

Charlie012
Joining in

Same as everyone else, I got locked out of my email a little while ago. Now I’ve either forgotten the password or I’m locked out again. And now I can’t even log into virginmedia to get my account number to go through the painful chat bot process. And if I go through the security question, I cant remember it and then it just takes me to a screen telling me I can’t reset it. So I’m stuck in an endless loop and can only access my email through my phone and that is only until I get logged out of that which it does about once a week. 

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Charlie012,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been stuck in an endless loop of issues due to your email issues. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to clarify, what happens when you are trying to log in? What error message do you get? Does this occur on multiple browsers and devices?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey, thanks for the reply. 

So the error message I get when trying to reset my password is -

Sorry, we can't reset your password

Please contact T, who can sign in and reset your password online for you. Once you've got your new password, you'll be able to sign in to My Virgin Media and choose a security question and answer. This means that in the future you'll be able to reset your password quickly and easily yourself.”

Hi @Charlie012

Thanks for coming back to us. Have you been able to log in and sort the email since posting? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Nope, I can’t find a way unless one of the VM team changes the password for me. But it is so hard to get through to a human being to sort it. 

@Charlie012 wrote:

Hey, thanks for the reply. 

So the error message I get when trying to reset my password is -

Sorry, we can't reset your password

Please contact T, who can sign in and reset your password online for you. Once you've got your new password, you'll be able to sign in to My Virgin Media and choose a security question and answer. This means that in the future you'll be able to reset your password quickly and easily yourself.”

The wording of this message seems to indicate that your’s is a secondary email address attached to a VM account controlled by ‘T’. If that is indeed the case then they should be able to reset it for you and allow you access. Once in you can then change it to whatever password and security questions you like.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Charlie012

I can have a look at this for you 

First though I need to know if you are the account holder 

As we can only reset passwords by passing security with the named account holder 

Gareth_L