Menu
DifferentLogin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can't Reply To Email Because It 'Contains Spam'

I received a genuine e-mail from Nectar advising me (correctly) that my account had been locked. Annoyingly, I cannot send a reply to this e-mail because a message comes up saying that it cannot be sent because it contains spam. Yet it had no problem getting to my Inbox in the first place! The actual message is: 

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [helpline@nectar.com] (554 - 554 5.2.0 SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=tKKSgozokwY2ytKKSgSbvB;sid=tKKSgozokwY2y;mta=smtp1.tb;d=20190211;t=234533[CET];ipsrc=172.25.160.137Smiley Wink

I confirm that the e-mail received is valid and helpline@nectar.com is a genuine e-mail address. Any Ideas on this please? I have had no problems in sending replies to this e-mail address in the past.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Reply To Email Because It 'Contains Spam'

The unique token in the error message will help the forum team to identify the cause however be aware that is can take them a few days to work through to your post.

If you wish to troubleshoot the issue yourself try:

1. dividing the email content
  2. sending each half to yourself
  3. discard the half that is successfully sent and repeat step 1 with what remains

Note: recent changes by Virgin Media now mean spam content warning is not shown when sending email to yourself or other Virgin Media domains; these email are delivered to the recipient's Spam folder.
Highlighted
DifferentLogin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Reply To Email Because It 'Contains Spam'

Hi 用心棒 ,

Thanks for that. I tried forwarding the whole e-mail to myself and, sure enough, as you said, the e-mail is successfully sent to my Spam folder (which leads me to wonder why it didn't end up in the spam folder in the first place).

I took up your brilliant suggestion and just forwarded the top half of the e-mail (which consisted of text and links) and, sure enough, it ended up in my Inbox.  The issue, therefore, appears to be with the bottom half of the e-mail which is a composite image containing standard Nectar info.

Thanks for your help.

DifferentLogin