cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access NTL World emails

LoubyLou99
Joining in

Hi

I was without email for over a week. I spent 8 hours on the phone to Virgin Media support and finally my emails are coming up on my phone. However I still cannot access them on any other device, through the virgin media site. I need to be able to do this. I cannot face another 2 hours on the phone to even start to speak to anyone. Each time I call I am in a queue for over an hour, get cut off then wait another hour to get through.

I get  'forbidden' when I try to access my emails. 

Please can someone help

22 REPLIES 22

Tried the settings, it returned

"validation of server imap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials"

fair enough something not right......

and if I click  "Ignore Warning" it states "An e-mail account with the given email address already exists"

I know it exists as when I log into My VM I can see it as one of my secondary email addresses

Problem solved. I'll admit its my fault.

I went into myVM as main account user and changed the password on my secondary email account. Then logged out.

Then logged into VM email with secondary email address and the new password and got access first time.

(i'd been using the wrong password all along)😀 i'm happy not embarrassed

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @uselessvm.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

Sorry to see that you have been having issues with your NTL email.

I can see that you have been getting support from our amazing members 🙂 I am glad to see that you have now solved this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide