cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access NTL World emails

LoubyLou99
Joining in

Hi

I was without email for over a week. I spent 8 hours on the phone to Virgin Media support and finally my emails are coming up on my phone. However I still cannot access them on any other device, through the virgin media site. I need to be able to do this. I cannot face another 2 hours on the phone to even start to speak to anyone. Each time I call I am in a queue for over an hour, get cut off then wait another hour to get through.

I get  'forbidden' when I try to access my emails. 

Please can someone help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

merseymick
Dialled in

Hi - sorry you are having this same issue......it's been horrible for me too, though I was fixed yesterday after dogged pursuit from me to raise and press a ticket.

Have you seen my (merseymick) posts under the Smithmemek thread, including update yesterday...........they should help.

Bottom line is customers with this issue need to get a ticket raised and jockey and press for early conclusion, both actions via the forum (and/or raise and press ticket via the 150 line (if you have the heart, time and low enough starting level blood pressure).

As a make shift way in (i.e alternative to direct web-site access), you could try getting in via a different "gateway" to VMs web-site if that is the way you are trying to access emails. (eg MS mail, MS outlook, Mozilla thunderbird or other email "clients"......this worked a dream for me and at least one other afflicted on the forum.

Good luck

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

I know!!!  You are describing my and others hellish week also.  (My first ticket also died there end and needed re-raising through no fault of mine.......my god our experiences are so depressingly familair............I have a complaint raised and will be referring VM customer services to the forum comments/shared experience!)

Hope the workaround works and hope these emails draw the attention of a forum team member for you as the only way you will get access back to your email via the web-site gateway is via a "ticket" being raised

Hopefully you will get in via a different "gate" (MS mail, MS outlook, Mozilla thunderbird, etc) while VM take their own sweet time to get to you,

The first thing they will ask is for you to clear your cookies / browser cache and to change your password........None of this has worked for anyone else but they won't pursue a ticket full on til you try them!

Good luck and hang in there!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

merseymick
Dialled in

Hi - sorry you are having this same issue......it's been horrible for me too, though I was fixed yesterday after dogged pursuit from me to raise and press a ticket.

Have you seen my (merseymick) posts under the Smithmemek thread, including update yesterday...........they should help.

Bottom line is customers with this issue need to get a ticket raised and jockey and press for early conclusion, both actions via the forum (and/or raise and press ticket via the 150 line (if you have the heart, time and low enough starting level blood pressure).

As a make shift way in (i.e alternative to direct web-site access), you could try getting in via a different "gateway" to VMs web-site if that is the way you are trying to access emails. (eg MS mail, MS outlook, Mozilla thunderbird or other email "clients"......this worked a dream for me and at least one other afflicted on the forum.

Good luck

Thank you so much. Honestly it has driven me mad. They did raise a ticket at the first call but then that wasn't actioned so called again Friday and the lady promised to call back Saturday as it was too late to speak to anyone. She didn't call back. Monday I was 3 hours in total on the phone. It isnt what you need after a long day at work. At least I have email on my phone but I really cant face another over 2 hour call so I will have a look on the other thread. Very grateful to you  

I know!!!  You are describing my and others hellish week also.  (My first ticket also died there end and needed re-raising through no fault of mine.......my god our experiences are so depressingly familair............I have a complaint raised and will be referring VM customer services to the forum comments/shared experience!)

Hope the workaround works and hope these emails draw the attention of a forum team member for you as the only way you will get access back to your email via the web-site gateway is via a "ticket" being raised

Hopefully you will get in via a different "gate" (MS mail, MS outlook, Mozilla thunderbird, etc) while VM take their own sweet time to get to you,

The first thing they will ask is for you to clear your cookies / browser cache and to change your password........None of this has worked for anyone else but they won't pursue a ticket full on til you try them!

Good luck and hang in there!

Can't Access NTL World emails today.

I've got access to my account, but I'm looking for mail to view in an existing ntl mail account

Hello,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems accessing your emails. 

Do you get any specific error?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When I sign into vm and click MY Profile/Manage Accounts I can see the mail account and can view/change it.
But how do I access the mail from that account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign out of your My Virgin Media account and then go to this webpage:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

To access the mail account please follow the steps here

Let me know if you have any problems.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I can get into my main account & mail. But want to add one of my secondary accounts to "Email"

When I try to ADD a email address to it below is the settings I put in and VM server response

Auto config failed. Do you want to config manually

ACCOUNT SETTINGS
Account Name: XXXXXX@ntlworld.com
Your Name: SURNAME FORENAME
email Address: XXXXXX@ntlworld.com

INCOMING SERVER

Type : IMAP
Name : imap.virginmedia.com
Conn Security : None
Port : 143
User Name: XXXXXX@ntlworld.com
Password : ********