cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Email

Mikehor
Joining in

Hi,

I do not seem to be able to access my email removed  Are there issues with the email system at present? I've tried resetting my password but it does not seem to recognise the answer to my security question so am a bit unsure what to do next. Could my account have been compromised and someone change my pw/security question?

If you could help me change my password/security question that would be really helpful.

I've had the account for many years (10+) without any problem.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mike

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

Mikehor
Joining in

Hello,

I need to change my email password. as I suspect my account could have been compromised but cannot do it as:

1. My security question/answer is not recocognised

2. I do not have a Virgin TV account or mobile so cannot provide my latest statement details

Is it possible that there are issues with mail at present preventing me logging on. I have had the issue since yesterday (8yh January, 2022) evening.

THanks

Mike

I've had the email account for 10+ years so dont really want to change to somebody else.

Sololobo
Superstar

Do you have a current Virgin Media broadband account?

Is your virgin.net address shown under the Manage Accounts section of your My Virgin Media?

Have you followed the advice provided here? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi,

Thx for the prompt reply.

No I do not have a broadband account. Just an email account that I have had for 10+ years. I've tried to advice provided in your link but no joy as I cant logon.

Thanks

Mike

To have the use of a Virgin Media email address requires a Virgin Media broadband account.

As you are not a VM customer your email address is likely to be considered "orphaned" and has/is in the process of being deleted. See here for more information: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

It may be possible for VM staff to arrange temporary access for you but I suggest you prepare for the worst case scenario, that your virgin.net address has been deleted and is unrecoverable.

If you have used an email client, set up for POP access, your legacy emails will still be available within the client.

If you just used webmail, or an email client set up with IMAP access, then I'm afraid they will be gone.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Hi Sololobo,

Understood. What's the best way of contacting virgin staff to get temporarily suspend the deletion?

Mike 

Hopefully one of the VM staff forum members will see this thread and contact you via private message.

You may have to wait a time for that to happen though, and in any event it's not a certainty that your access can/will be restored. That would depend on whether they will assist  you, being a non-customer, and whether your mailbox has already been deleted.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Hi @Mikehor,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble accessing your email account. As I can see has already been mentioned in this thread, if you don't have an active broadband service linked to the email account in question then it's likely that it has now been deleted. Apologies.

However, so that we can investigate further and confirm, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can obtain some details from you. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!