Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can send but not receive emails

I can send emails using my mobile app and also by logging on to virginmedia and using the web based email.  I cannot receive any emails both mobile and virginmedia website.

I am assuming it is a virgin server error?  Cannot get through using their helpline due to closure of many help centres, so I am really stuck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can send but not receive emails

Not necessarily, it could indicate that a hacker has accessed your account and set up forwarding of all incoming mail.

Follow the guidence here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Graham, I follow that up. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Graham, you were absolutely correct, my email was being forwarded onto to another account, they now have a load of my personal details as I had an life insurance document sent to me and this holds lots of my personal details.  Is there any procedure to now follow?  Once again thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Report it to the insurance company?  Get registered with a credit protection agency?  Follow all the advice in the hacking link - who knows what other malware you have had since |October 2019?

Are you sure you followed all the advice back then? https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Cannot-send-email-from-4-different-devices/td-p/4090570/p...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply missp, yes I thought the same about contacting the insurance company.....only to complain, they email a link once their online form is complete, but there is zero password after the link in the email is actioned....poor security.

Not sure why you brought up the previous problem? All 4 devices were clean, it was a VM problem, they sent an apology for loss of service.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos