Menu
RogerW2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can receive emails but can't send them

Three weeks ago my blueyonder email account was accessed by someone else and an automatic forwarding rule was set up on my account. This has now been removed and I have been trying to get back to normal. All equipment has been virus scanned and I have reset the password several times.

When logging in to my emails on my smartphone, I was asked to sign in and was shown the Sync Options incoming page details. I signed in with the new password, proceeded to the outgoing server settings page and put in the new password again and confirmed, but then received the following message  " Couldn't finish  -  Can't connect to server  - (525  5.7.13 Authentication denied  VM 303"

I can receive emails in my webmail and on my phone, but not on my PC.

I can send emails from my Virgin media account and receive them on my phone, but not on my PC. I can't send emails from either my phone or my PC.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated but I have a relatively low level of computer knowledge and vocabulary, so advice needs to be fairly simple.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can receive emails but can't send them

Good account of the problem. Excellent you got and reported the VM303 error code. Haven't seen that one in ages. It's only solvable by VM IT. It means that the VM servers think those accounts affected have been deleted from the VM back-end servers that hold the account details. They haven't really. It's a serious glitch. Wait here for the VM staff to pick up and get a ticket raised. Should be with you in a day or so. Sometimes quicker. Nothing else you can do. Simple enough for you? Don't underestimate yourself, your knowledge or your ability to report the issue as it should be reported.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RogerW2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for such a fast reply! This thing has been driving me mad and the Virgin call center people aren't much help, they have just advised me to change the password.

Hope the VM staff can help.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@RogerW2 wrote:

Thanks for such a fast reply! This thing has been driving me mad and the Virgin call center people aren't much help, they have just advised me to change the password.

Hope the VM staff can help.

So do I and if they are puzzled they can always contact me for further guidance. They have access to the same list of codes as I have. But the code list is only for staff and VIPs

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

RogerW2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard,

I haven't heard from VM IT staff yet. Do I just wait or can I do something to speed things up?

0 Kudos
RogerW2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How do I contact Virgin Media IT staff?

After my email account was accessed I have changed passwords several times, but when I try to set up my email I receive an error message VM 303 on the Outgoing Server Settings page.

I am unable to send emails although I can receive them. A helpful contributor on the Community suggested that this could only be resolved by VM IT staff, and I thought he had requested that they contact me, but I haven't heard anything for nearly a week.

I really need to resolve this but don't know how to contact them.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I contact Virgin Media IT staff?

VM staff response times are currently around a week due to the volume of outstanding queries.

I would anticipate them responding to this thread tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

RogerW2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I contact Virgin Media IT staff?

Thanks Graham,

I haven't used the Community before so was not aware of likely timings

Roger

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @RogerW2 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

We are going to be able to get this sorted for you, Ill need some account information from you,  in order to do so ill drop you a PM.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
RogerW2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Zak,

I would really appreciate an update on progress with my issue.

For the past 2 weeks I have not been able to send or receive emails. I understand that you have passed a request for action to the IT team, but I have had no contact from anyone for some time.

Is anything happening, and if so, can someone please update me.

Thanks

Roger

0 Kudos