cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can receive but not send emails

Wyvern2
On our wavelength

I received this security message on the 30th October and one of my subsidiary accounts was locked: VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009415397.

I use Thunderbird as my Email Client, and everything was working well until the account was locked. I have followed all the recommended procedures (Virus check, new password, etc.). I have even re-installed Thunderbird and created a new account. The SMTP Authentication still fails.

Since then, all my Virgin Media accounts have stopped sending, even my main account.

I assume this is a Server problem, or perhaps an over-zealous security program. Maybe hackers? My gMail account still works perfectly.

What is the recommended next step?

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

My recommended steps are 

1. Get a new email account with Gmail, yahoo, Outlook etc that is not tied to an ISP.

2. Create an automatic forward to the new account from your Virgin inbox.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wyvern2,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are still facing issues sending Emails, have you tried via another client such as Outlook to see if you still face the same issue?

Regards

Paul.

Wyvern2
On our wavelength
Thank you for your recommendation. My current Gmail account certainly is working correctly. A Virgin Staff Member is currently investigating my Account, so maybe it will be fixed soon. But automatically forwarding is a good workaround!

Hi Wyvern2,

Thank you for coming back to us, I can see you are also in a private chat with my colleague Dave, please keep it to that post and we will do all we can to help?
Regards

Paul.

Wyvern2
On our wavelength

Hi Paul,

Thank you for keeping an eye on this thread. Hopefully, Dave will be able to get the problem sorted!

No problem at all Wyvern2. 

If you can reply to David's message he can continue to provide assistance. 

We ask you to make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Wyvern2
On our wavelength
Hi Kath,

I quite understand. I did not wish to create an additional thread. Problems with my logins meant that the first post did not show in the Forum, so I tried again. Apparently, the first attempt had got through after all!

Wyvern2
On our wavelength
Hi all,
Due to excellent help from Staff Member Dave, the problem has been solved.
Many thanks to everyone involved!

Hi @Wyvern2,

Thank you for the update. I'm really glad to hear that you've now been able to sort this out.

Please do reach out if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!