Menu
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 31 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can not see images in email

@michaelw2 wrote:
Maybe I need to wait for another email from ebay and see what happens.

Good idea. When the next eBay email comes in, see if that box is displayed. If it is, click on it and let us know if the images still don't appear.

Thanks again for your rapid and positive responses. A pleasure helping you, well. trying to help you.Smiley Happy

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
michaelw2
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Just had an email from ebay, box was there, clicked on it and little box was there?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 33 of 44
Flag for a moderator

When browsers don't do what you expect them to do then our advice is that clearing your browser cache and cookies often works to put thinks right. I think you are using Firefox (FF). If so do a Google search for how to do this in FF.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
michaelw2
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I cleared the browser cache,etc still the same, i will check FF
Superuser
Superuser
Message 35 of 44
Flag for a moderator

You need to check this in another browser.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 36 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:
When browsers don't do what you expect them to do then our advice is that clearing your browser cache and cookies often works to put thinks right. I think you are using Firefox (FF). If so do a Google search for how to do this in FF.

Sorry Howard, but we have been round that loop already in this thread.  Also, the images show when the op clicks on 'view in browser', just not in the VM email window.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 37 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Mea culpa.

We've seen this issue before but I have tried a search and can't find anything. I'll keep thinking but don't get too excited!

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 38 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@michaelw2

I have just been able to recreat the symptoms in Firefox (my browser of choiceSmiley Wink)

Clicking on the 'hamburger' 3 horizontal lines on the top right of the screen, then 'Options', then 'Privacy & Security' you have a series of options in 'Content Blocking' for how the browser handles trackers.

Mine was set to 'Standard' but if I switch to 'Strict' which "Blocks all trackers Firefox detects. May cause some sites to break." it blocks the images in my eBay emails in my VM Webmail and I see the same boxes with the strange figure as in your screen shot.

I am not sure now whether you use FF but if not I would suggest it is the same high security setting for trackers in your browser that is causing the problem.

Interestingly, the images in emails from VM themselves are still displayed ok when I have the 'Strict' setting on. It would seem eBay uses trackers in the emails and VM do not.

Try that and see how it goes.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
michaelw2
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Got a feeling that may have solved the issue. I will wait for another Ebay mail and see.

coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 40 of 44
Flag for a moderator

@michaelw2 wrote:

Got a feeling that may have solved the issue.

Let's hope so Smiley Happy

Coenoby

Edit just to add, I don't think you have to wait. I have just gone back into my ntlworld email account and it works on old emails as well as new. Change your setting to 'Standard' (or similar in other browsers) should enable you to see the images in old emails. That's how it works for me anyway.