cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not log into blueyonder email

derek68
Joining in

I have got the error message 'no password provided' when i try to lig into my blueyonder email address. 

I have tried the re-set option but just get a page with no link to log on to email .

When i found a link i get this page with no log in page 

derek68_0-1629206196646.png

I have called Khan on 0800 014 7398 for help and he said i needed to update the password and emailed a link but would not listen when oi said i could not access the email to change it!!!

I found a link but get the mailbox unavailable See below

derek68_1-1629206610855.png

Can anyone help please??????

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Gareth,

I appears to have been resolved and i can now access my emails.

Upon looking at the WM twitter page this seems to have been a nationwide issue all week with customers unable to access VM/NTL/BLUEYONDER emails.

You can now close the call.

Derek

Hi, what do I do if my Blueyonder email address isn't attached to my account?

"If the blueyonder email address is attached to your account it should show under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs.  If it is there then use the edit/change option to change the password for the email account."

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Scott-C wrote:

Hi, what do I do if my Blueyonder email address isn't attached to my account?

"If the blueyonder email address is attached to your account it should show under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs.  If it is there then use the edit/change option to change the password for the email account."

You should really have started a new thread with this question, however, that said, you need to think about why the blueyonder email address isn't connected to your account.  Do you have a current Virgin Media broadband account? Does the blueyonder email address date back to a previous broadband account that you had with VM or one of its previous incarnations such as Telewest?  Where this goes next is dependent on the answers to those questions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, thanks for getting back to me. Yes the email goes back a long long time to the Telewest account we had back then. The real issue is that I created email accounts for each of my kids and my wife, which they still use. However, my wife’s account suddenly stopped sending or receiving, citing an error code “the username or password for xxxxxx at smtp.blue yonder.co.uk is incorrect” - even though it worked fine just an hour earlier, and nothing was changed. 

@Scott-C if the email address isn't connected to your VM account, then it is regarded as orphaned and as such is liable to be deleted along with all the email within it at any time.

So if you are a current VM broadband customer, have you always been a customer (or a customer of one of the precursor companies) or has there been a break in service at some point in the past? Have you moved house since the addresses were set up?

Any of these could have caused the addresses to have become orphaned. Now if you are a current subscriber, then there is a chance that the addresses could be linked retrospectively to your BB account - but its isn't guaranteed.

Thank you for the explanation jem101.  I think that is time to let that old email rest in peace. It served me well for many years but there comes a point when it’s just easier to start over. 

Regards,

Scott-C

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Scott-C

Sorry to hear you've had issues logging in to your BlueYonder email. As mentioned by @jem101, if you don't have any account with us, the email is deleted completely 90 days after disconnection.

If the email has been unattached from an account, whether currently or previously, we would not be able to retrieve this. We are also no longer allowing the creation of new mailboxes, so you would need to source a 3rd-party email provider.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ