cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not log into blueyonder email

derek68
Joining in

I have got the error message 'no password provided' when i try to lig into my blueyonder email address. 

I have tried the re-set option but just get a page with no link to log on to email .

When i found a link i get this page with no log in page 

derek68_0-1629206196646.png

I have called Khan on 0800 014 7398 for help and he said i needed to update the password and emailed a link but would not listen when oi said i could not access the email to change it!!!

I found a link but get the mailbox unavailable See below

derek68_1-1629206610855.png

Can anyone help please??????

16 REPLIES 16

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It looks as if the blueyonder email account concerned is not linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account.

You can check this by signing into your My Virgin Media account https://my.virginmedia.com/ using your primary username and password.

If the blueyonder email address is attached to your account it should show under the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs.  If it is there then use the edit/change option to change the password for the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham,

So i have changed the email address and password using the link you sent,Thank You.

However its asking me to verify the change through my email and that is the issue.... i can not access my email to verify this change.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@derek68  I didn't mention anything about changing the email address.  I suspect that you have tried to use the change username option somewhere in your My Virgin Media account.

You should be able to cancel that process by signing in with the original username and follow the prompts to cancel the change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi derek68,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues accessing your email account.

Have you tried what Graham_A has suggested yesterday?

Alex_Rm

Hi Graham,

I am having great difficulty getting this sorted.

When i log into my email using my Iphone (IMAP) i am prompted with an Invalid email pop up.

I did manage to update the setting successfuly however i get the 'cannot get mail' message with 'no password provided for blueyonder.co.uk' despite there being a password in the settings and i am then prompted 'please go to mail account settings and enter a password'

I have tried to re-set the password originaly using the my profile page however it then wants me to confirm the changes by checking my email and clicking on the link VM have sent me.

This is the issue, I cant verify the changes because i can not access my email to do this.

If i try to log in via webmail i get 'virgin email is locked' page and to call 0345 454 1111

I have spoken to WM again and they want me to do the password reset and verify the change using the link but when i explained that i can not access my email to verify the changes i was offered no solution.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@derek68  The password change process in My Virgin Media does not involve a conformation email being sent with a link to verity the change so I cannot fathom out what it is you have changed.

As I said before verification emails are only sent when you try to change the username for the email account not the password.

I think @Alex_RM is going to have to take this to Private message with you to establish exactly what is happening with your account.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello derek68

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, I have PM you.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi derek68

Thanks for those details 

I have had a look and can see the call you made on the 19th 

This was escalated to our IT Team who are investigating this

The turn around is usually 5 days for this to be fixed 

I will check again when this has issue has been looked into and updated