Menu
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can i access and use an old email address

Good Morning

I was a customer of Virgin Media several years ago and used email address [REMOVED] @VirginMedia.com 

I have rejoined Virgin Media yesterday although my service is not due to start for a couple of weeks. I have tried to register my account today but cannot because it is a bit too early. I will do this when I connect my service.

Whilst going through the registration process I was asked if I wanted to create a Virgin Media email address. I chose the old email address [REMOVED] @VirginMedia.com 

I was told this email address was already in use and to choose another which I have done. Does this mean the old email address is still registered in my name and will I be able to access and use it when my service is connected? 

I appreciate it may be registered to someone else. 

Also when I registered with this forum today I chose an old username [REMOVED]

Again I was told this was already in use. This is the username I would have used years ago. Does this mean the username is still registered to myself as well as the above email address?

If so I would like to reuse both the email address and username again. How do I get to use them again if they are still registered in my name?

Regards

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Sheena Read

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i access and use an old email address

The email address will not be registered to someone else, Virgin may be able to transfer it to your new account, give it a day or two and a Virgin rep will get to your post, in the meantime please edit out the email address as it encourages spam

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice about not using a personal email address and user name. I forgot that this might be targeted with spam.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi molly1752, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Please let us know once your account is up and running and we should be able to transfer the email address over if it's still active 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank You.

Who do I contact to get the email reactivated? When I looked at the help questions online I was going around in circles a bit as nothing seemed to apply exactly.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can update this thread when you've been installed 🙂

I'll pop you over a private message now so i can take the email address from you, and I'll double check it's still active.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

molly1752
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon

Just to let you all know I have today been connected to Virgin Media. 

Can this post be reactivated or will it be dealt with by Alex_RM who was the last person to reply. I have also sent Alex_RM a private message this morning.

Regards

Sheena Read

0 Kudos