cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new @virginmedia.com address not sending email

awallaceuk
Just joined

have several @ntlworld.com addresses, all work flawlessly.

Set up a new ****@virginmedia.com address, can receive IMAP email but cannot send email. Crap

Apple M1, native email application which has my iCloud, gmail and ntlworld accounts all working perfectly.

All SMPT settings checked, re entered, account cleared and re added onto MAC, still no joy. Ran through Spamhaus, no issues (why would they be its a brand new account)

Read loads of forums, no joy, what else can I try. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Terminal window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -sv smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi awallaceuk,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. It's really strange how your new email will not allow you to send emails?

As you have already tried all the options we would suggest already, has our valued members @用心棒 advice worked?

Are you now able to send emails or are you still facing issues?

We have included a link here which offers further advice.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards Jodi.