cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder

Monksie
Just joined

Hi guys 

I'm new to this forum and have a question about my blueyonder email. It was set up for me by a third party many years ago and I have no access to account details it was set up on - but I can't access blueyonder email through the normal virgin media log in as it says username not recognised - has it been hacked ? How do I regain access without all the information ? Pls help 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Monksie wrote:

Hi guys 

I'm new to this forum and have a question about my blueyonder email. It was set up for me by a third party many years ago and I have no access to account details it was set up on - but I can't access blueyonder email through the normal virgin media log in as it says username not recognised - has it been hacked ? How do I regain access without all the information ? Pls help 

@Monksie You are in a difficulty position with this one.  The only person that Virgin Media can deal with for this issue is the account holder.  That will be the third party that you refer to above.  The email address belongs to their account for as long as they remain a virgin media broadband customer, the fact that they set it up for you to use has no bearing on the issue.

If the system is saying that the username is not recognised then the most likely reason is that the account holder has either deleted the email address concerned from their account or that their VM broadband account has been closed.  All attached email addresses should be deleted 90 days after the account is closed.

Sorry that this will not be what you wanted to hear.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham

Thanks for your swift reply

• Thought this may be the case - so as a precaution I have gone through my email contact list and advised I have changed my email address. So hopefully I shouldn't miss too much or forgotten anyone 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Monksie

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to make your first post regarding your blueyonder email address. As @Graham_A advised, the account holder will be the only person that we can deal with for this issue unfortunately.

Do you know if the account holder has deleted the email address from their account or if their Virgin Media account has been closed? These could be reasons why the account is inaccessible to you.

Kind regards,

Serena