cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder working on phone but not online

shelleyk007
Tuning in

Hi, up until a few days ago, I could sign in to my blueyonder email online, on my pc, via the virgin media website.  Now, in Edge, when I click sign in, the page just refreshes and I don't get an option to enter my email address.  I have tried on Chrome, and the email address box does come up but when I enter my email address and password, it states that the email or password are incorrect. If I select forgotten password, and enter my email address, it states 'Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.'.
I am still able to send/receive emails on my phone, so I know the account is running but why am I not able to access it online on a pc (have also tried this on phone's web browser to no avail).  I am worried that the account will be shut down and I will lose all my emails - 20+ years worth. Can anyone help/advise? Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

@Graham_A wrote:

Just to add to the above, VM business broadband accounts do not come with email accounts so it would not have been possible to move the blueyonder email address to that account.

This means that you definitely have an orphaned email address.

Ah, thanks Graham, I wasn’t sure if that was the case or not. So yes, the email account almost certainly is orphaned and probably in the process of being deleted.

@jpeg1 wrote:

Whoever at Virginmedia promised you that the email would be carried across was wrong to do so and should not have told you. 

I think another example of a poorly trained and managed agent, simply saying what they think the caller wants to hear at the time. And if that subsequently comes back and bites the poor customer on the backside, well not their problem, they’ve successfully closed the call, added to the call centre stats, increased their chances of a bonus and probably won’t even be working there when the issue raises its ugly head…..

Hi Jem101,
Thank you - I will back up my emails now whilst I have them as you suggest. I'm frantically logging onto every site I can think of that I have access to change my email address incase it just suddenly stops!
Thank you!

Hi Graham_A,
Thank you, I thought that perhaps the email address had been orphaned from reading some posts on this forum. It sounds like that's what's happened.
At least if I had been warned, I could have done something about it in the last few months rather than frantically trying to change every site / account that is connected to my blueyonder email now before it shuts down whenever VM decide to shut it down! Ugh!
Thank you for your reply.

Hi jpeg1,
Yup, and I was foolish to have believed them. I should have known better!
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, spot on!

Hi @shelleyk007, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that you've been misinformed regarding your email address and migrating from our residential to business service. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  Which department/side of the business, advised you of this, please?

Regards

Lee_R