cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder working on phone but not online

shelleyk007
Tuning in

Hi, up until a few days ago, I could sign in to my blueyonder email online, on my pc, via the virgin media website.  Now, in Edge, when I click sign in, the page just refreshes and I don't get an option to enter my email address.  I have tried on Chrome, and the email address box does come up but when I enter my email address and password, it states that the email or password are incorrect. If I select forgotten password, and enter my email address, it states 'Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.'.
I am still able to send/receive emails on my phone, so I know the account is running but why am I not able to access it online on a pc (have also tried this on phone's web browser to no avail).  I am worried that the account will be shut down and I will lose all my emails - 20+ years worth. Can anyone help/advise? Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

shelleyk007
Tuning in

Hi, I am able to send/receive emails on my phone, but am unable to login to my email online on my pc.  I have blueyonder email.  On MS Edge, the page with 'sign-in' just keeps reloading, I am not even able to enter my email address and password.  On Chrome, it's a different sign in page to usual, and states that email and password are incorrect (they're not), and when I select 'forgotten password' and enter my email address, it states "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."
I have years worth of emails stored in my email account and am worried that this is going to be shut down and emails lost?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is your second email on the same subject. 

The critical question is, is the email address linked to a current Virginmedia broadband account?  If it is then there are ways to establish contact with it.  If it is not then it will close so you need to save any important data right away, by whatever access you still have. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

This happened to me about two months back now, rang several times with no luck as they keep saying someone will get back to me ( they never do) tried several “fixes’ and nothing works, I’ve given up now, lost two job offers because of this but VM don’t care, they are crap 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shelleyk007

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 😊

I am sorry to hear you are having issues accessing your email. So we can best help can you please confirm if you have an active Virgin Media account?

As all emails will be deleted after 90 days when you leave us. Let us know so we can best assist you.

Zoie

Hi, I have been with continued continued Virgin Media customer for many years (15 years+), and my Blueyonder email has remained intact all of this time (including house moves etc).  Our residential Virgin Media BB/telephone account was transferred over to a Business account back in September.  I was advised when I changed across that my email would remain, and it has been fine up until the last few days (i.e longer than 90 days).

Many thanks

Just to clarify (as the subject title is misleading in regards to my query) - I am able to send/receive emails on my mobile phone, but I am unable to log on to the online email on a PC.

@shelleyk007 wrote:

Just to clarify (as the subject title is misleading in regards to my query) - I am able to send/receive emails on my mobile phone, but I am unable to log on to the online email on a PC.

The fact that it no longer works in a web browser but does on an email client, is a bit of a worry. When a mailbox is in the process of being closed down and deleted, often the first thing to go is webmail access, for various and boring technical reasons. Followed sometime later by access via any email client.

I have a bad feeling that your email was never actually transferred across to the business account and as such is orphaned and in danger of being closed down without further warning, the 90 day business is more of an aspiration rather than a realistic hard deadline. Just to add to this, this forum is geared to domestic users and the ability of any of the forum team members to intervene and check is severely limited. You may well have to contact the VM business support number to get any help on this.

But if I were you, I think I would prepare for the worse and backup any and all emails you want to keep while you still can, just in case.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add to the above, VM business broadband accounts do not come with email accounts so it would not have been possible to move the blueyonder email address to that account.

This means that you definitely have an orphaned email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Whoever at Virginmedia promised you that the email would be carried across was wrong to do so and should not have told you. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.