cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder secondary email not working

DaveEagles
Tuning in

Hi my wife has a blueyonder email that is a secondary email to the main virgin media account.

She deleted it from her ipad but when she tried to re-add it she received a

“The username or password for imap.virginmedia.com” is incorrect. We are fairly sure that the password is correct but I have changed the main VM password anyway in case it’s been hacked.

I’m using my account on a different device with the new password and everything works fine re my email

Hep ipad populates the Host Name as imap.virginmedia.com

Username {hername}@blueyonder.co.uk

And she’s entering the changed password

Any help appreciated please - thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveEagles wrote:

Hi my wife has a blueyonder email that is a secondary email to the main virgin media account.

“The username or password for imap.virginmedia.com” is incorrect. We are fairly sure that the password is correct but I have changed the main VM password anyway in case it’s been hacked.

I’m using my account on a different device with the new password and everything works fine re my email

You mention that you have changed the main VM password.  Have you also changed the password for the secondary account as well?  You do this via the My Virgin Media account for the main username by clicking on the My Profile tab and then the Manage Accounts tab.  Click on view/change next to the relevant secondary address to access the change password option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveEagles wrote:

You mention that you have changed the main VM password.  Have you also changed the password for the secondary account as well?  You do this via the My Virgin Media account for the main username by clicking on the My Profile tab and then the Manage Accounts tab.  Click on view/change next to the relevant secondary address to access the change password option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's brilliant - yes I hadn't done that.

All working now - thanks very much Graham

Hi Dave,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I can see Graham has helped you resolve your secondary Email not working, if you do have any further issues or just need a little advise then please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.