cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder password recovery

Acf79
Tuning in

Hello.

This might be one for the VM technical team.

My younger brother has forgotten his email password and it’s causing a stress because he is unable to manage other accounts that are linked to his email address.

His email address was created under an old VM account so the question is, has his email address been removed?

Regards
Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

From what you have said and the error you are getting it does appear that the account has been deleted, when he left he would have had 90 days after the contract end to resolve any transfer to a new email address as defined in the T&C, without a broadband account I am afraid that all Virginmedia can do is too make sure the account is properly deleted, once an email account is deleted it cannot be reversed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Acf79 wrote:
1)    My younger brother has forgotten his email password
2) has his email address been removed?

Does the person whose Virgin Media broadband account was used to create this old Blueyonder email account still have a broadband account with VM? If not, then unfortunately VM staff will be very limited in the amount of support they can provide.

Referring back to your two key points:

1) It is a long shot but have you or your brother tried resetting the password?

Enter the full Blueyonder email address as the user name here  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password. and then follow the prompts.

2) I would send a test email to his address and see if you get a Non Delivery Report straight back. If you do, that will confirm the account has been fully deleted and that the account is gone for good.   Unfortunately, if you do not get a message back that does not necessarily mean the account is recoverable.

If the original broadband account holder currently has a VM broadband account, then the VM staff will explain what the options are.

However,if the original broadband account holder no longer has a VM broadband account, then basically, all VM staff can do is to make sure that the  email account is fully deleted to avoid any security risks - but that's all I'm afraid. 😯

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should catch up with this thread in the next day or so and they will contact you via the forum.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hello

Thanks for your response, so to answer your key points

1. I Tried resetting but username is not found is the response 

2. I sent a test email from my own VM email account, I did not receive a non delivery report

My brother has been able to make online purchases via Apple Store or PS Network recently but he is unable to verify them from emails. Previously, He could access emails from an iPad but now he gets promoted for a password that he has no recollection of.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Acf79,

Thanks for your response and for testing this. Does your brother have an open, active account with us at all?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Molly

Thanks for the response

To my knowledge, my brother wouldn't have an active account anymore, I think this would have been since March or April 2020

He can't remember when he wasn't receiving emails anymore. This is a concern because he has accounts on portals such as PS Network and Apple, he is unable to remember his password, let alone receive an email for a reset

Regards

Adam

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

From what you have said and the error you are getting it does appear that the account has been deleted, when he left he would have had 90 days after the contract end to resolve any transfer to a new email address as defined in the T&C, without a broadband account I am afraid that all Virginmedia can do is too make sure the account is properly deleted, once an email account is deleted it cannot be reversed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the response.

I would need to get official confirmation by VM as to the status of the email address. Would the best option be to call their service desk or have a contact email address to sent the request to. I don't want to be dragged through faq after faq with a pointless answer

Regards

Adam

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Acf79  Due to data protection regulations the VM staff will need to have contact with the account holder before they can give out any information regarding the status of the email address concerned.

So far in this thread, as far as I can see, you haven't said on whose Virgin media broadband account your brother's email address was set up.

The VM Forum Team are already involved in this thread and I'm sure that @Molly_G  will respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hello

Obviously under GDPR regulations, I didn't mention the account information on this thread

If someone can get in contact with me, then I will provide the relevant information.

Regards
Adam

Thanks for coming back to us @Acf79.

The information that you have been given by the community member is correct, any email address would be removed from our system after 90 days of the account being disconnected.

I can look into this to officially confirm that but also says the members said, I can only speak to the account holder about the status of the email address, if this is you we can send over a private message but if its your brother, he would need to contact us himself to have this investigated further.

Regards,

Steven_L